Thursday, December 6, 2007

Countdown Presents: Lord Havok and the Extremists #2 of 8

As I said in the previous post, I'm a lazy comics buyer. I didn't like issue #1 of this miniseries as seen here Issue #1 review. I was going to put this one back on the rack but seeing the Challengers from Beyond from "Countdown" I decided I could at least read this Earth's version of those events. Also with Lord Havok showing up over in "Countdown" I figured this would connect the dots a bit.

While this miniseries is not really that good, I found issue #2 to be much better than the first issue. Now, that isn't saying a lot, but it did Frank Tieri did present a better story fleshing out the background of some of the characters and bringing in Monarch to liven things up. Liam Sharp and Rob Hunter's art is pretty good. It doesn't have the rushed look that a lot of the books coming out lately have.

Proving that I'm a true "Countdown" mark, I'll probably keep getting this series to get a full understanding of who's who in the Final Crisis to come.

No comments: