Monday, December 24, 2007

Batman and the Outsiders #3

I'm sold on "Batman and the Outsiders". Writer Chuck Dixon is still building his sandbox but he his already having fun playing with what he has. The interaction between the Outsiders and the JLA team members in this issue is done well. However, don't let the cover fool you Black Canary and Martian Manhunter are no where to be scene in this issue. Penciller Juilian Lopez provides some nice panels here - my favorite being the one with Geo-Force, Metamorpho, Katana, and Black Lightening, the original Outsiders on hand. The interlude with Grace, Thunder, and Batgirl, while nicely drawn, left me wondering what it was doing in this book. It seemed to be there to give the reader a little T&A and not much else.

This book is off to a fine start. The art is good and Dixon's writing captures the team dynamics well. "Batman & the Outsiders" is climbing to the top of my must reads from my pull list.

No comments: