Friday, December 21, 2007

Countdown Arena #3 of 4

Saving the best for last, my "Countdown" reading continues with "Countdown Arena". As compared to what is going on in "Justice League of America" issue #16 from this month, I'm not sure where "Countdown Arena" fits into the timeline. I say this because Tangent Flash shows up here and in "Justice League of America". If she's in the arena, then how is she over with the JLA. Once again, I'm not a continuity nut but stuff like this on an editorial driven story drives me nuts. The first two issues I would have the Wiki list of the 52 Earths up and cross reference who's who. I have given up hope of keeping track of all of the Earths and I just go with the story presented. Keith Champagne is presenting and interesting story and imbues each varying hereo with a unique personality. Although, the back and forth between the two Supermen gets a bit tedious. I do like the Zen-version of Superman, though. The fights are almost an afterthought as plot points are put into motion that should culminate in a wham bang finish to the miniseries. Scott McDaniel's art falls off a bit more this issue as it looks like he's rushing to get the issues completed.

With the exception of the continuity error and the rushed art, this was a decent read that provided some fun moments and a decent setup for the final chapter.

No comments: