Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Blue Beetle #21

I dread when a series brings on a guest writer and artist to fill in while the regular creative team catches up. When I heard "Blue Beetle" #21 would not be the regular team I had my usual reservations. I was pleasantly surprised by Andy Kuhn's art and found that he stuck pretty much to the look and feel of the usual "Blue Beetle". Justin Peniston's writing could use a little tweaking in the transition department. Some of the transitions from scene to scene were quite abrupt and, at times, had me looking to see if I missed a page. I'm not up to speed on the who's who in the Spectre's current continuity and I'm not sure I like the goatee look he's sporting here.

Given my starting reservations, I enjoyed this read and found that Peniston did a good job of moving the plot forward with admirable backup from artist Kuhn.

No comments: