Monday, December 17, 2007

Salvation Run #2 of 7

I am enjoying "Salvation Run". Bill Willingham is having fun playing with the villians of the DCU and it shows. In this issue he gets to play around with two big baddies, the Joker and Lex Luthor and he does a fine job of capturing both of these characters. I'm not up-to-speed on a lot of the bad guys and gals here but Willingham does a good job of providing introductions without slowing the story down. He puts enough twists and turns in the story to keep it moving. I'm loving Sean Chen's art as well. He knows how to capture action scenes with lots of different characters. The art has a very clean look and does not look rushed at all.

I did not have big expectations for this miniseries but it has been a good read so far. My only concern is where this all fits into DCU continuity. Other than that, I'm just enjoying Willingham's good story and Chen's great visuals.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.