Monday, December 3, 2007

Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #36

"Supergirl and teh Legion of Super-Heroes" #36 picks up the action right where #35 left off. From my last review I found the search for Cosmic Boy to be quite tedious, but this issue looks to resolve that issue. Writer Tony Bedard is wrapping up his run to turn over the reigns to returning Legion writer Jim Shooter. To that end, Bedard has a lot happening in this issue. This is the first issue of Legion that I have enjoyed in a long time. While Calero's art hasn't been to my liking, I really dug it here. Both Calero and colorist Nathan Eyring's art is spot on in this issue capturing the both the darkness presented and the hope for the future. I believe Bedard has left the Legion in a good spot for Shooter to start spinning his tales.

With all of the changes in the last few issues to the core group, Tony Bedard has provide an excellent jumping on point for new readers and for Jim Shooter.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recc. It's awesome.

Comic Adventurer said...

Your welcome. I'm a long time Legion fan and it is good to see DC doing something to get it back to a top tier book.