Monday, December 3, 2007

All Star Batman and Robin #8

Frank Miller once again dives into the crazy world of the "Goddamn Batman" presenting an interesting version of the Joker. While Miller's ASBAR Batman come across as a bit off kilter, his Joker is a complete sociopath. The Joker presented here is unlike any version of the Joker that I've read. He's truly evil. I really enjoy Miller's dialogue when Batman talks to Dick and then later to Hal "Green Lantern" Jordan. The Hal Jordan conversion is very funny. Jim Lee's art is quite good with the exception of the Joker's Nazi hench-woman. I'm not sure why he felt the need to have swastika pasties. Lee's art makes this book.

While ASBAR is nowhere near as good as All Star Superman, it is an interesting version of Batman to be sure. I'm just not sure if what I'm reading is intentionally funny or not.

No comments: