Monday, December 24, 2007

Superman/Batman #44

The first page of "Superman/Batman" #44 had me asking what in the hell was writer Michael Green and penciller Shane Davis smoking. The bad posing and dialogue was almost too much. Turning the page and my questions where answered. I had to laugh at myself for taking this comic book stuff so seriously. This issue is all setup for "The Search for Kryptonite" story line. Green does a good job of capturing the main character's and guest star's personalities. Davis' art is good. I really like how he captured the guest star and would like to see him work on that character's monthly.

While this issue is the setup for the follow on story, I found it to be an entertaining read. I have always liked the interaction between Superman and Batman and the give and take as written by Green is done well. It has me looking forward to the rest of the story.

No comments: