Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Marvel Zombies 2 #2 of 5

I missed out on the whole "Marvel Zombies" craze. I read the "Ultimate Fantastic Four" TPB where they were introduced and found them interesting but not worth the time of buying the "Marvel Zombies" miniseries. However, after discovering "Invincible" and "The Walking Dead" by Robert Kirkman and then hearing that he wrote that series, I ordered the hard cover. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Marvel Zombies" story and Kirkman's writing. So, I walked over to the Marvel rack and picked up "Marvel Zombies 2", which as the original zombies returning to Earth after literally eating the rest of the galaxy. Kirkman has put together another fun story here and expands on his zombies mythos as well. The first issue was really shot out of a canon and moved fast while this issue takes some time out for a little character development. Sean Phillips does a great job with the art and has fun with the gory parts of a zombie tale.

I haven't read all of the other ancillary zombie books that came out over the past year. I've just stuck to the first and second miniseries. This one has started off with a bang and looks to be going in some very interesting directions. I look forward to seeing what Kirkman has in store.

No comments: