Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Comic Adventurer 2007 Year End Review: Introduction

Having jumped back into comics at the end of “Infinite Crisis”, 2007 has been my first full year of reading comics since 1998. My local comics shop guy asked me “why DC and not Marvel?” My answer for that is that while I grew up reading both company's comics, DC’s line of superheroes always appealed to me more. In the 70s Superman always won out over Spider-man. In the 80s I was a “New Teen Titans” fan first and “X-Men” second. In the 90s, I’ll have to admit that Valiant captured my imagination more than either company, but with the implosion of that company, I came back to DC. Financial, time, and other reasons including a general lack of quality comics dictated my dropping all of my comics in 1998. I started going to Comic Con here in San Diego a couple of years ago and that sparked my return to comics. Having a son that shared my love for superheroes helped as well.

So, with a full year of comic reading under my belt, I will go through what in my opinion is the Good, the Bad, the Ugly, and the Outstanding from my comic book reading in 2007.

No comments: