Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Batman #671

"Batman" #671 continues "The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul" story. Part four of the seven part series, The disparate story lines come together with Batman, Ra's Al Ghul, and the Sensei meeting at Nanda Parabat. I believe my lack of knowledge of the current Batman mythos hindered my enjoyment of this comic because I've never heard of the Sensei character and didn't get a big "wow!" out of the big reveal here. I did enjoy Morrison's fight between Batman and the Sensei. Tony Daniel's captures the action well, having fun with the Sensei's fighting style.

The only gripe that I have against this story line is that it was billed as this big event and comes across as just another story. I don't have a feeling for the big stakes here - what's really on the line? Other than that the read has been fun and action filled.

No comments: