Friday, December 21, 2007

Dan Didio's End of 2007 Newsrama Interview

Newsrama has a two-part interview with DC's Dan Didio. If you have heard him do a Q&A at a convention, it is pretty much the same type of interview. Part 1 can be found here. There are a few spoilers in the interview, but I was most interested in his responses to how the company felt "Countdown" went as compared to "The Sinestro Corps Wars". I felt the latter was the direction that the company should go in - big events that cover a family of titles vice the whole line. Geoff Johns stepped in during Part 2 and reaffirmed that this would be DC's direction for the Superman Family of titles. The story has quite a bit of art to go along with the words and I grab a couple that I thought were exciting.

I really hope that DC can pull it together with "Countdown to Final Crisis". Didio states that "Final Crisis" will be seven issues ending in December 2008 with two other miniseries in support. He also said this will not be impacting the monthlies. I'm not sure how they are going to accomplish that. After "Final Crisis" I'd like to see DC move away from DCU spanning crossovers and focus on strengthening their family of books. Geoff Johns struck a perfect note this year with the Green Lantern family and I'm looking forward to see what he does with the Superman titles.

Dan mentions that he really cares about the opinions of the fans that go to the LCS every Wednesday (or once a month) and purchase their books. I'm one of those guys. I go every Thursday or Friday and pick up my pull list - mostly DC. I want DC to succeed. I want Dan Didio to succeed. Yep, I want Dan Didio to succeed - as he goes so goes the DCU.

Here's looking forward to a strong year at DC.

No comments: