Friday, February 1, 2008

Black Adam #6 of 6

"Black Adam" ends with a bit of a whimper. I have enjoyed writer Peter J. Tomasi's miniseries as his Black Adam is a driven yet conflicted character. My only complaint is that the ending is a bit rushed. We've got competing parties tracking Black Adam as he attempts to revive Isis and then nothing much comes of it. I do like the setup for Black Adam discovering his magic word and, no, it isn't "sorry".

Doug Mahnke's art is very dynamic and expressive. It is the true highlight of this issue. From the opening shot of Black Adam flying to the look on both Black Adam and the kid's face when he finally figures out the magic word, Mahnke is on point. I'd like to see more from this excellent artist.


This issue begs for more Black Adam adventures. I'd buy a monthly if Tomasi and Mahnke were onboard.

No comments: