Thursday, February 7, 2008

Detective Comics #841

At the moment, I am enjoying Paul Dini's "Detective Comics" more than Grant Morrison's "Batman". As I am a little tired of crossover-mania, I thought this one issue story dealing with the Mad Hatter and his newly formed Wonderland Gang was pretty decent. Dustin Nguyen's art compliments the story well and provides shadow clouded Batman. I like Dini's use of the various odd villian's in Gotham - especially the apltly named "Little Italy". I thought his seen was fun. While many online reviewers have stated that "Detective Comics" has taken a creative hit while Dini focuses on "Countdown to Final Crisis", I think that Dini proves in this issue that he can put out an interesting Batman read.

If you are looking for a one-shot Batman story that is both fun and a good read, pick up this issue of "Detective Comics".

No comments: