Saturday, February 2, 2008

Batman #673

The best part of this issue is Tony Daniel's art. He captures the different eras of Batman here. I'm really not sure what writer Grant Morrison is going for here. I jumped onto "Batman" during "The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul" arc and I am at a loss during the last two issues. With this issue being mostly in dream state, it didn't provide me anymore understanding of what is going on.

The one thing this issue did for me is point me to Bill Finger. Grant Morrison gave Finger a nod in the credits. I then went searching for who he was. I grew up knowing that Bob Kane created Batman and did not really know who Bill Finger was - except for his creation of the original Green Lantern. I was amazed to see how much influence Finger had on the creation of Batman. Without Finger, I don't think we would have Batman. If he really was this involved in the creation of Batman he should be named right alongside Kane as a creator - much like Siegel and Shuster for Superman.

So, the story in the issue didn't do much for me. Daniel's art and the discovery of some comic's history were the bonus.

No comments: