Friday, February 22, 2008

The Flash #237

Straight off his fun but editorially driven "Countdown Arena" writher Keith Champagne drops in for a one-shot guest job on "The Flash". This issue provides the setup for oncoming writer Tom Peyer's "Fast Money". I'm not sure what Champagne was going for with the kids scavenger hunt in Metropolis, but I did like his interpretation of Wally West. The teaming up with Superman was good. However, Superman should have been able to handle generic villian #1 that is utilized. As I said the whole issue just sets up the next arc with Wally either missing or doing poorly on job interviews. I didn't realize Wally was so forgetful, but I understand that dealing with kids will make you that way. I did like Koi Turnbull's art. His layouts were good and his facial expressions were excellent. I really liked the Flash sprinting through Africa as well.

Not a bad fill-in issue but not a must read.

No comments: