Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Wonder Woman #17

Gail Simone is doing something special in "Wonder Woman". For the first time since the early George Perez era, I'm totally interested in a "Wonder Woman" comic. I don't know where this story fits into current continuity and I really don't care. Simone is redefining the character. What took the previous writer a year of issues to do, Simone has done in three. The only down note on this issue was the art. I love the Dodson's work but the assist by Ron Randall did not do the story justice.

Having said that, I'm totally onboard with what DC is trying to do with getting their books out on time. They hit the damned if they do, damned if they don't region. I would prefer to see monthlies come out on time. This may mean that the art takes a hit. We can see it here. Did it distract me from Simone's great story - only a little.

I look forward to a long run for Simone. She has my vote.

No comments: