Friday, February 29, 2008

All Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #9

You have to love the Goddamn Batman. I know a lot of reviewers out there have skewered this series for Frank Miller's take on the Batman, but I have a lot of fun reading it. This series just keeps getting better and better with Batman and Robin having a little meeting with Green Lantern this issue. The humor and violence are handled well and Miller's script is razor sharp. Jim Lee continues to provide impressive art on this series. I have to give it up to colorist Alex Sinclair on this issue. The yellow scenes were flat out impressive.

My only complaint is the timeliness of the series. With such long breaks between issues, I have to either dig up the previous issue or rack my brain to figure out where we last left off. Given that quibble, I thoroughly enjoyed this read.

No comments: