Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Invincible #48

Robert Kirkman goes back-to-back week's following up last week's tasty "Walking Dead" with an action packed "Invincible". To be honest, I wasn't really sure where we left off, but Kirkman gets you back up-to-speed quickly. The opening sequence with Mark and his friends lead me to believe that this issue would be more story driven. I was wrong. After the first couple of pages, Kirkman kicks into high gear. I wasn't quite sure if I was reading setup or advertisement during the cross company splash pages. However, they do play into the story and show who's who in the "Kirkaverse". Kirkman's dialogue continues to be good with villains monologuing and heroes "spouting silly lines". Both of which, Kirkman pokes fun at. Ryan Ottley's art started off shakey but tightened up during the climactic battle sequence.

This issue has me looking forward to issue #50. Having read all of the TPBs and now going month-to-month, I don't think Kirkman and company can put this book out fast enough.

No comments: