Friday, February 8, 2008

Blog Review - Rokk's Comic Book Revolution

One of my favorite comic review sites is Rokk's Comic Book Revolution. Blogger Rokk Krin is the primary reviewer on the site and he does an excellent job with each book that he reviews. If you are looking for spoiler-free reviews, you won't find that here. While I try to keep my reviews brief and spoiler-free, Rokk goes into a detail story synopsis hitting the good and bad of each issue. The revolution has a rule that they have to say something good about each book. It has been humorous to watch Rokk try to find anything redeeming in the first half of DCs "Countdown". Rokk rates both the story and art teams and provides an overall rating out of 10 for easy reference. He reviews both DC and Marvel books and usually sticks to the big name titles. The reviews are long but generally are well written and thoughtful.

While I don't always agree with the reviews, each one usually brings out something interesting of note that has me going back into my comic to check out. If you are looking for new comics to try out, head over to Rokk's site and read some of his reviews. He will definitely steer you right.

No comments: