Thursday, February 21, 2008

Countdown to Final Crisis #10

Finally, the action heats back up in "Countdown to Final Crisis". I thought Paul Dini may have let it all out for the battle over Earth-51 and the rest of the series would be a let down. Well, after a couple of lackluster issues we get a decent, action packed read. I apologize for the spoiler but it was good to see Mary Marvel back. This series has put the character through the wringer and I was hoping for this ending. With the body count in this series it was never a given that Mary would be back in white. The growth of Jason Todd continues as well. He may make it out of this series as a likable character. Even with all of the action, the cliffhanger ending sets the stage for another huge battle. Scot Kolins does a good job with the art as well.

While I wasn't completely satisfied - Pied Piper's arc ending so quickly - I did enjoy this read.

No comments: