Thursday, January 31, 2008

Countdown to Adventure #6 of 8

"Countdown to Adventure" just kicks ass. It is a fun, action packed story. Writer Adam Beechen has some strong woman in this issue. All of the significant others and a warrior princess prove strong here. Beechen has done a great job of building this story over the last six issues and has me looking forward to a great climax. I liked this trio in "52" and the extended story here hasn't changed that. Penciller Allan Goldman is in fine form here and does great work. His women are strong and sexy without being slutty and he's guys aren't always striking a pose.

If you haven't been getting the monthlies, you should pick this up when it comes out in TPB.

2 comments:

Allan Goldman said...

Hey man. I'am very glad that you liked this issue. Beechen is really a great writer. The two last issue are better! I promise! :) Keep doing this "reviews work" is a very important job!

Best!

Allan Goldman

Comic Adventurer said...

Thanks, Allan. Both my son and I have been really impressed with your work on this book. I'd like to see you get a monthly with DC.