Monday, January 21, 2008

Justice League of America #17

I've been reading "Salvation Run" and was wondering if the events from that miniseries would be shown in regular DCU books. This month brings both "Justice League of America" and "Catwoman" with tie-ins to "Salvation Run". Regular writer Dwayne McDuffie steps to the back in this issue with a tale of Vixen while Alan Burnett takes on the primary writing duties. I liked Burnett's story chronicling the affect of "Salvation Run" on the villains in the DCU. The art for this story struck me as very dark. I don't know if it was the inks or the coloring but the book looked like a movie shot at low light.

The backup story by McDuffie attempts to explore the problems with Vixen's powers. Penciller Jon Boy Meyers' art has a cartoony quality to it that didn't seem to fit with the JLA. McDuffie's story was decent but I'm not really sure I care that much about Vixen as she isn't the most exciting character for a solo story.

No comments: