Thursday, January 10, 2008

Superman #672

"Superman" #672 is part two of the three part "The Insect Queen" story arc. I can't say that writer Kurt Busiek is really impressing me with this arc. I think the insect queen as a villain is being done much better in the "Uncle Sam & the Freedom Fighters" miniseries with the Red Bee. I did like the secondary plot of Lois dealing with Chris being sick during Clark's absence. At times the art by penciller Peter Vale and inker Wellington Diaz is quite good. I'm not a big fan of how Vale does the title character but he has a flare for insects and drawing Lana Lang.

This arc reads like something out of the 70s. I think if Busiek had thrown in a bit more humor this might have elevated the material, but it is all so serious and I didn't get into it.

No comments: