Thursday, January 3, 2008

The Flash #235

From my previous reviews of Mark Waid's return to "The Flash" you can tell that I haven't been impressed. The plodding story involving Wally's family and a water-based alien invasion has just not captured my interest. However, in this issue, I believe Waid may be turning the corner. From Wally's interaction with the JLA members to his conversation with his son, the plot actually began to move forward. Freddie Williams II's art is much stronger in this issue as well. He looks like he is getting more comfortable in the Flash's world. I still think that the colors are a bit too bright making the comic look more like a Saturday morning cartoon.

The backup story continues to impress me and, without spoiling too much, I like that Waid has tied this fun story back to the main plot as well. "The Flash" picked up a little steam in this issue and has me looking forward to the next issue for the first time in a while.

No comments: