Monday, January 21, 2008

Robin #170

Chuck Dixon returns to "Robin" this issue and kicks off the "who spoiled Robin's day" arc. I did not read any of the Spoiler turned Robin issues and don't really have an opinion on whether Stephanie should have a memorial in the Batcave. I've read a lot about this on blogs and forums, but I have no stake in the outcome of Stephanie's story. Whether she returns, stays dead, whatever, I'm just hoping that Dixon can provide a good story along the way. Dixon's opening chapter introduces a new "hero" to Robin's world. She wears violet and steals from the bad guys. I found the read to be fun and interesting. A good first chapter in Dixon's return to the book. I thought Chris Batista's pencils were very good. He does a good job of making the teenagers look like teenagers, rather the short adults. I really liked his action scenes with Violet.

I was leaning towards not putting "Robin" on my pull list after "The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul" but with a little pushing from my son and the fact that Dixon is back on, I decided to check out Dixon's first arc. I'm glad that I did.

No comments: