Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Pull List - January 23, 2008

Looks like a DC week with no Marvel or Image books on my pull list coming out:

ACTION COMICS #861
BATMAN #673
BLACK ADAM THE DARK AGE #6 (OF 6)
COUNTDOWN TO ADVENTURE #6 (OF 8)
COUNTDOWN TO FINAL CRISIS 13
DEATH OF THE NEW GODS #5 (OF 8)
GREEN LANTERN #27

Lots of good stuff here with "Green Lantern" and "Action Comics" topping the list. Both books written by Geoff Johns have been very good lately. I'm also looking forward to the conclusion of Peter Tomasi's Black Adam miniseries. What is the magic word? Maybe will find out this issue. Will Grant Morrison keep my attention with "Batman"? His "Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul" didn't thrill me. The final three are all Countdown related. As we near the beginning of "Final Crisis" the Countdown books have been getting better. We'll see if Starlin can build some more excitement in regarding the demise of Kirby's New Gods.

I'd really like to know when Kirkman is going to get over his holiday hangover and get some of his books back out. January was a Kirkaverse dry month and I'm itching for some new "Invincible", "Brit", "Astounding Wolfman", and "The Walking Dead". The pages over on his website Kirkmania for these titles just makes me want to get them in my hands more.

No comments: