Friday, January 18, 2008

Booster Gold #6

"Booster Gold" continues to be a fun read - as long as you don't ask too many questions. I like time travel stories but writers Geoff Johns and Jeff Katz are giving me a headache with their version of the time stream. As we learned last issue "solidified time" deems that the future is open but the past cannot be changed. Now if this were completely true we really wouldn't have a story here. The primary thrust of the book is Booster going through time with Rip Hunter and fixing things. So we have the three Blue Beetles of different eras show up and assist Booster in saving Ted "Blue Beetle" Kord. The story moves a long at a fast clip and is a good read. While the outcome really wasn't in doubt for me, I thought Johns and Katz did a fine job of adding little character moments as the story moved from A to B. Dan Jurgens pencils were outstanding here.

This book reads like a summer action popcorn flick. I really dig this series and I'm looking forward to next month's Zero Hour tie-in.

No comments: