Friday, January 25, 2008

Crime Bible: Five Lessons of Blood #1-4 of 5

Back in the day, I read the original "Question" series and really liked it. It was good to catch up with the character when he was brought into "52". I wasn't so attached to him as I had been out of comics for so long and his demise in that series didn't affect me much. I did, however, grow to like the Rene Montoya character. Now, I didn't have a burning need to read any further adventures of her, but when my LCS put this miniseries in my box, I decided to try it out. I haven't read much of Greg Rucka's work either and he's dealing with some "Se7en" type stuff here. I was reading issue #2 "Lust" at my son's wrestling meet and had to hide it from the moms in attendance. This miniseries is definitely for adults only. The art is a bit uneven but matches Rucka's tone. As the story progresses I've worried a bit about the new Question's place in all of this. Hopefully with issue #5 we can see her come out on top if not unscathed.

At this point, it would be best if you just waited for the TPB. I think the collected edition along with some extras might be a better fit for this type of series.

No comments: