Thursday, January 3, 2008

Legion of Super-Heroes #37

Wow! "Legion of Super-Heroes" writer Jim Shooter certainly makes a splash with his return to this title. I was cautiously optimistic at seeing Shooter return to the title that kicked off his comic's career, but after reading this first issue, I think the future looks good for the LOSH. When I was picking up my pull list from my LCS last week, the owner said that he was unhappy with DC pulling Supergirl out of the title and the book. He felt that the book would loose a lot of readers because of this. I hope that isn't the case. In my opinion Supergirl was a bit of a drag on this series. I don't mind the occasional visit from current day DC but the LOSH has enough characters to stand on its own.

Penciller Francis Manipul does a fantastic job of translating Shooter's script to the page. His interpretation of the Legion members is spot on.

This is an excellent jumping on point for new readers and for old LOSH fans that left during the Supergirl reign. Jim Shooter proves once again that he is a top-notch comics writer.

No comments: