Wednesday, January 9, 2008

JLA Classified #50

I heard that Roger Stern and John Byrne were getting together to do an arc in "JLA Classified" and figured I had to check it out. I grew up with Byrne's "Uncanny X-Men", "Fantastic Four", and "Superman: Man of Steel". I've always liked his art and, at times, his writing. I loved seeing the JLA drawn by Byrne. I enjoyed Roger Stern's work at Marvel in the 80s including "Captain America", "The Avengers", and "West Coast Avengers" as well as his writing in "The Death of Superman" extravaganza in the 90s.

So, when these two legends get together I expected a great effort. I was not let down. Byrne's art is crisp and clean here showing an eye for anatomy and proportion that you don't see in some of the hot artist out today. Stern's script is good with excellent pacing and action. I usually don't get "JLA Classified" but will be getting the next four issues to complete this story.

No comments: