Friday, January 25, 2008

Catwoman #75

I don't read "Catwoman". However, in perusing my LCS new comics rack I saw that "Catwoman" #75 was a "Salvation Run" tie-in. Having seen Catwoman fighting alongside the Outsiders in "Batman & the Outsiders", I was wondering how she ended up being sent off planet. After a recap of the events of "Salvation Run" #2, we catch up with Catwoman and Lex Luthor on the jail planet. The question that I have to address is

Is this comic required reading for "Salvation Run"? The answer is No. It provides a good side story involving Catwoman and some of the major players but it isn't critical reading for the miniseries.

It is a decent read and does provide some good character moments. I liked David Lopez's art and thought he did a good job of capturing all of the villains present here. Will Pfeifer's story serves as a connect-the-dots story to explain Catwoman's absence from the main miniseries after her arrival with Lex Luthor. He does a good job of getting Catwoman from A-to-B. The final splash page make me want to get Part 2 of this to see where Catwoman landed and what was going on.

For the long term, this issue didn't impress me enough to put this on my pull list.

No comments: