Monday, January 7, 2008

52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen #5 of 6

When this miniseries started off, I wondered about the point of it. The first couple of issues didn't impress me, but I kept reading mainly because of writer Keith Giffen and it was a book that focused on the Big Three. I'm glad that I stuck around. While the issue is action packed as the confrontation between the horsemen and the Trinity mount, Giffen sneaks in a bit of character development and intrigue. I started off lukewarm on this series but have begun to enjoy it as Giffen ratchets up the action and shows that he has a good grasp of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. I wouldn't mind seeing Giffen's take on a Doom Patrol miniseries as well.

While this isn't a must read for "52" or "Countdown", it is a satisfying team up for DC's Trinity.

No comments: