Thursday, January 10, 2008

Infinity Inc. #5

I was all set to drop "Infinity Inc." after a four issue tryout because of the snail's pace plotting and poor use of Steel. I did not (and still don't at this point) like the direction of the book. As a fan of the original "Infinity, Inc." team I thought this book was just plain boring. However, while perusing NEWSRAMA I discovered that Pete Woods is coming on as the monthly artist. After looking at his new designs, I thought that maybe writer Peter Milligan would be taking the book in a different direction after the opening arc is complete.

This issue seems to tie up the first story arc and I can't say that it was very satisfying. I like that fact that Steel is back in his armor and that the kids are actually working together. I still don't care for the villain of the story or really understand his and his companions motivations. Now that Steel is operating again and the kids look to be forming a team, I look forward to moving towards Woods' team uniform design and the direction that takes this book.

I believe you could skip this first five issues of this book and pickup when Woods comes on for issue #8 and not really miss much.

No comments: