Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Hulk #1

I got my son the "Planet Hulk" hardcover for Christmas because I had heard such great things about Greg Pak's epic Hulk adventure. Both of us enjoyed it very much. I'm waiting for the "World War Hulk" issues to come out in TPB to catch up on that story. So, I jump into "Hulk" #1 with no knowledge of the events of "World War Hulk". Writer Jeph Loeb uses this issue to introduce the main supporting players leaving the Hulk in background. With She-Hulk and Doc Sampson playing C.S.I. for a murder we get to also see that General Ross and Iron Man will play a role in the opening chapters of this book. Loeb does a fine job capturing all of the personalities here with good interactions and dialogue. Ed McGuinness' art is very good. I liked pretty much every panel. The story is slowly played out as the murder investigation moves along and I think this gives new readers like me a chance to catch up on who's who here.

I'm on board for at least a few issues to see how this plays out and will give it my traditional 3-4 issues to see if it captures my interest.

No comments: