Thursday, January 10, 2008

52 Aftermath: The Four Horsemen #6 of 6

When this "52" tie-in miniseries began, I wasn't enthralled. I actually got it by accident as my LCS throw it in my box because of "52" on my pull list. The first couple of issues didn't pull me in as writer Keith Giffen let the plot unfold slowly. With issue #3, though, I started to get into Giffen's Trinity tale. The final issue did not fail to disappoint. Giffen provides a very satisfying ending. The art team of Pat Olliffe & John Stanisci handles the action well. I like their renditions of the Doom Patrol, Wonder Woman, and Batman. I wasn't too fond of their Superman. From here they move onto "The All New Atom" and should do a fine job there.

If you didn't pick up the monthlies and you are looking for a decent Trinity series, get this in TPB. It isn't ground breaking work, but Giffen provides a fine story. Now that Giffen is exclusive to DC I look forward to seeing him on some high profile DC projects (other than "Countdown").

No comments: