Friday, January 11, 2008

Valiant Universe Coming Back?

I've been meaning to comment on some very good news that I read about over at NEWSRAMA. Valiant Entertainment, publisher's of the excellent "Harbinger: The Beginning" Hardcover, settled its court case with Valiant Intellectual Properties. This opens the door for Valiant Entertainment to bring back the Valiant Universe. I loved Valiant back when Jim Shooter was with the company and writing some great stories and characters. My favorite characters was X-O Manowar. I liked the Conan-in-Iron Man story and thought the book was a lot of fun.

First on the slate for Valiant Entertainment is the "X-O MANOWAR: BIRTH" hardcover collection featuring a new “The Rise of Lydia” story by Valiant co-architect Bob Layton and a new cover by Sean Chen. This will be in stores in April. A good side effect of the resolution of the law suit is that Diamond Distributers will now solicit books for Valiant Entertainment. This alone will be the forcing element that allows VE to start producing new stories for these properties.

So color me excited that these characters will be seeing print again.

No comments: