Monday, November 19, 2007

Wonder Woman #14

"Wonder Woman" has continually drifted to the bottom of my comic reading stack. The "Who is Wonder Woman?" story line just didn't capture my attention and left me bored. I had heard at the San Diego Comic Con that Gail Simone would be taking over the writing chores but did not really keep track of when she was coming on board. Well, I'm watching football yesterday and my son, who really did not care for "Wonder Woman", yells out "Dad, have you read his yet?" I look up and he's holding "Wonder Woman" #14. I shake my head and he say's "It's pretty good."

Congratulations to Gail Simone for restoring some of the excitement that I remember for Wonder Woman of my young twenties when George Perez was ripping it up. Simone starts the issue out with a little intrigue and when Wonder Woman is shown on page, she's kicking ass and taking names. The art by Terry & Rachel Dodson matches the tone set by Simone and captures the strength and beauty of Wonder Woman.

Simone is setting a course to reestablish Wonder Woman on par with Superman and Batman in DC's Trinity. If you avoided or dropped "Wonder Woman" during the One Year Later restart, pick up "Wonder Woman" #14 and give it a try, you will like what you see.

1 comment:

Yedna said...

I jumped on board with this issue. I'm totally loving Simone's work on the new story arc. Hopefully she keeps the gorillas, and WW keeps kicking Nazi a$$!