Sunday, November 18, 2007

All Star Superman #9

I didn't jump onboard "All Star Superman" when it first came out. I ended up waiting for the hardcover and bought it last month. I thoroughly enjoyed the hardcover and put this comic on my pull list. Issue #9 has Superman returning from his Bizarro mission to find a couple of new Kryptonians on Earth. Writer Grant Morrison does a fine job of developing these new characters and presenting Superman's reaction to them. Frank Quitely's art breathes life into Morrison's script. Quitely's take on Superman and his supporting cast is a modern interpretation of classic Superman. The only complaint that I have with this series is the time between issues. I'd love to read this book as a monthly and not constantly have the remember what last happened to enjoy the book.

If you are looking for a unique take on Superman, look no further than Morrison and Quitely's "All Star Superman".

No comments: