Monday, November 19, 2007

Wonder Girl Mini - a Second Opinion

In my review of issue #1 of this miniseries I said that I would be telling my local comics shop to drop the title. However, my nine year old daughter begged to differ with me. Where I saw the flaws of an editorial driven story by J. Torres, my daughter saw a fun action filled title about a powerful girl. Where I saw rushed and sloppy art from Sanford Greene and Nathan Massengill, my daughter saw art that she really liked and I quote, "Dad, I think this art is really good!" Where I didn't care what was happening, my daughter was enthralled. I guess a 39 year old married guy wasn't the target demo for this comic...who knew?

So, from the true target demo, my daughter gives this book two thumbs up. I'm keeping this on my pull list for her. I look at the racks of comics on display at my local comics shop and 99.9% of the comics there would not keep my daughter's interest. I'm grateful that DC finally zeroed in on what she likes. Keep 'em coming.

No comments: