Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Invincible

Once again stepping outside of the DCU, I wanted to point you in the direction of "Invincible" from Image Comics. I did not start reading this comic in monthly form. I went the the San Diego Comic Con this year and when I was walking around checking out the art and such I stumbled upon "Invincible". Now, back in the day, I was a huge Image fan. I consumed pretty much everything the company put out when it started up in the 90s. However, my taste for comics and media in general changed and I went away from both Image and Marvel. When at the Con I usually check out the other companies to see if anything they have to offer peaks my interest. That's when I hit upon "Invincible".

I got the volume one TPB and now 6 TPBs later both me and my son are really enjoying writer Robert Kirkman's Invincible adventures. Artist Corey Walker really laid down the foundation for "Invincible" with his excellent art and, when he left the series, Ryan Ottley continued to provide solid art to back up Kirkman's inspired story. I don't want to give any spoilers away as if you pick up this TPB I want you to feel the excitement that I felt while reading it. I bet if you pick up volume one you will be hooked in no time. The series really picks up speed in volume 2 (issue #7).

I have since followed Kirkman to his very scary "The Walking Dead" series and the "Marvel Zombies" hard cover. Kirkman has rapidly jumped to up my list of top writers in comics.

No comments: