Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Supergirl & the Legion of Super-Heroes

"The Search for Cosmic Boy Grows Tedious!" would be the tag line for this series. I'm not sure I even care where he is now. I certainly don't get the motivations behind many of the players here - Braniac-5 in particular. Of course, he's a fifth level intellect and I wouldn't even consider that I could be made to understand his motivations. The only character that comes across interesting or exciting is Atom Girl. What started out 34 issues ago with great promise has settled into a muddled mess. The outgoing Tony Bedard has one more issue to tie up any loose ends on this "search" before Jim Shooter takes over the writing chores. Shooter has his work cut out for him if he has to take this version of the Legion forward. Dennis Calero's art is decent but the heavy handed inking and shadows highlight the aforementioned "muddled mess" presented here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked it.

Comic Adventurer said...

What did you like? (Art, story, etc.) I did like Atom Girl in the story, but the rest of the issue to me wasn't up to snuff. I'm excited about Jim Shooter coming in as I grew up on his and Paul Levitz's Legion and would like to see a return to those "fun" stories.