Saturday, March 1, 2008

Batman #674

I am not afraid to admit that the I have been lost over the last few issues of "Batman". I know Grant Morrison is supposed to be the comic writer extraordinaire, but coming off of "The Resurrection of Ra's Al Ghul" he did not do the new readers any favors. This issue Morrison begins to correct that error by providing some explanation to what is going on. The pacing and dialogue were top notch. Morrison gives this issue a bit of a "Marathon Man" feel with Batman in a precarious position. Tony Daniels continues to impress me with the art. He does a good job taking what could be a confusing story and putting it on the page.

I wouldn't point to this issue as a good jumping on point for new readers of "Batman". However, it is the closest that you're going to get in the Morrison era. The multiple Batman arc gets some explanation and Batman once again proves he's a badass. The best read yet that I have read of Morrison's run.

No comments: