Saturday, March 1, 2008

Brit #4

It was a long wait, but the 4th issue of "Brit" finally hit the stands. I jumped onto "Brit" late picking up the nicely colored TPBs and then moving to the monthlies. I thoroughly enjoyed the "Brit" TPB and the first couple issues of the monthly. However, this issue puts me into unknown territory - having to report on a disappointing read from the Kirkaverse. "Brit" #4 is a bit of a mess. The pacing is off and the transitions between scenes are very abrupt. It gets a bit wordy in the middle as well. This book needs some serious editing. While I like government intrigue as much as the next guy, the cool part of "Brit" is that the title character is a real badass. With said character being held in stasis, the comic just seems to be spinning its wheels. I like the supporting cast, but they are ill-used in this issue as well. All-in-all, I just didn't care for this issue.

I'm staying on the title for the near-term, but I'm looking for things to pickup. Kirkman needs to step in and make the direction of this book clear.

No comments: