Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Superman #674

First off, I have to admit that I liked Renato Guedes art here. I hammered him when he was filling in on "Supergirl" because of his "fat" rendition of the title character. However, here in "Superman", he really shines. I've been reading Bryan K. Vaughan and Tony Harris' "Ex Machina" and Guedes "Superman" art mirrors Tony Harris'. The realistic art plays very nicely. Kurt Busiek's story is actually pretty fun. I like that he brings Mon-El back into the picture. Man, the Legion crew is getting a lot of play this year - I guess anniversaries will do that. The antagonist is actually someone who can go toe-to-toe with Superman as well. It is always nice to see Supes use his head instead of his fists.

This issue would serve as a decent jumping on point for new readers. Busiek covers the bases for new readers while keeping guys like me interested in the story. All-in-all a solid read.

No comments: