Saturday, March 1, 2008

Action Comics #862

My sole complaint against Gary Frank's art has been the mannequinesque look of some of the characters. Frank continues to improve and he looks to be hitting his stride this issue. While we get some Superman-bug-eye looks, he has toned it down quite a bit. Geoff Johns continues the "Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes" this issue and we get to see the Legion Subs in action. As my son stated, that Stone Boy has one lame power. It was cool to see this crew in action again. Johns gets the story and action moving in this issue providing a climax that looks to lead to the freeing of the trapped Legionnaires and, maybe, restoring Superman's powers.

Johns has me guessing a bit on where this is all going. In the short term I think we will see the tide turn and the Legion triumphant but I'm not sure what this all has do with the multiple Legions in the DCU. For now, I'm not worried about continuity and I'm just enjoying a good story.

No comments: