Thursday, March 20, 2008

Countdown to Final Crisis #6

Umm...no. With the dramatic cover for "Countdown to Final Crisis" #6 and the tagline "The Great Disaster is Upon Us", I thought this might be the beginning issue of the final sprint to the finish. However, Dini & Co. stumble as they round the final turn. The text heavy observations where extremely boring and made for a tedious read. In the end we have the traveling heroes on a different Earth in the multiverse with the virus spreading. So, once again, we are getting a scorched Earth scenario where the stakes really don't matter - who cares if another Earth gets white washed. It didn't add up to much for Earth-51 and it doesn't make me care here either. One of the many Karate Kids is dead - should I care?

I'm only buying now because I've been buying all along. I hope that DC can do something better with "Trinity". "Countdown" has been a waste of time and money and did not live up to the standards of "52".

No comments: