Thursday, March 20, 2008

Invincible #49

Coming quickly on the heels of the last issue, "Invincible" #49 keeps the action (and intrigue) coming hard. Writer Robert Kirkman is setting up some big changes for the 50th issue of this series and the long laid seeds of Darkwing and the Reanimen come to fruition. Artist Ryan Ottley continues to impress with is great layouts and action sequences. I really like what he does with the title character.

I cannot recommend "Invincible" enough. I didn't hop on the bandwagon at the beginning. I was out of comics then. I did notice the "Invincible" section at the San Diego Comic Con. That's what got me interested. After picking up the first TPB, I was hooked. Everyone that I've loaned that TPB too has loved it. I'm now reading the "monthlies" and find that this series is a breath of fresh air. Of all of the Kirkaverse titles, this one truly stands out.

No comments: