Friday, March 7, 2008

Countdown to Adventure #7 of 8

The penultimate issue of "Countdown to Adventure" hits and writer Adam Beechen keeps the action flowing in Adam Strange/Animal Man/Starfire story. I have truly enjoyed this story. Beechen has done a great job of dealing with the Buddy/Ellen/Kory triangle bringing a bit of closure to that this issue along with connecting the dots between Earth and Rann. This trio works well together and Beechen plays to each hero's strength. I'm guessing that this will have a quick wrap up next issue and then our heroes are off to participate in the Rann/Thanagar War. Allan Goldman continues to impress me with his art - the layouts, backgrounds, characters are top notch. I hope that DC utilizes Goldman's talents in future comics.

The backup Forerunner story continues to bore me. I'm tired of seeing her fight the monitor. The crew that has been put together by Justin Gray looks to have potential for something much greater. However, with only one issue left I don't think much will come of it.

1 comment:

Allan Goldman said...

Thanks for your kind words. If you want to see more of my work, visit this site:
http://fotolog.terra.com.br/goldman
best!
Allan Goldman