Thursday, March 13, 2008

Nightwing #142

DC puts out another great read in "Nightwing" #142. In just a few issues, writer Peter J. Tomasi has propelled Nightwing to the forefront of the DCU. He has him firmly established in the Batman family and with the greater DCU as well. He's a player. Dick - I mean Richard - is finally looking like the man that I thought he would grow into while reading those "New Teen Titan" stories back in the 80s. Penciller Rags Morales does a great job of incorporating Dick's aerial acrobatic past into his Nightwing moves. He gives him a fluidity that I haven't seen in any other book. With this creative team, I have gone from not wanting to pick this title up to looking forward to it every month.

If you haven't tried Tomasi & Morales' "Nightwing", you should. These guys have this title clicking and I hope that translates to sales.

No comments: